Daylight savings is a great time of the year to get your garage ready for spring. Our list below features spring cleaning and maintenance ideas that we recommend you do once a year around this time, and what a better reminder than daylight savings time, which is March 11?
It doesn’t take a lot of time to spruce up your garage or get your garage door working great.
Here are some tips for garage spring cleaning and garage door maintenance from the team at Martin Door. With just a few hours of elbow grease, you can sit back, sip a cold one, and be ready for the warmer months ahead.
- Schedule a maintenance check from Martin Door. We can make sure your garage door springs, pulleys and garage door opener are safe and working their best.
- Change the batteries in your garage door remote opener and your garage door light bulbs
- Clean the garage good. That means throwing away trash and the old items in the garage that you’ll never use. Consider taking some of those things – like bikes you’re not going to ride and old tools – and donating them to charity. Or, hold a garage sale or sell the stuff online.
- Don’t forget about the floors. You’ll need a broom, hose, a sponge and the soap you use to wash your car. If you’re floor is concrete, look for a concrete floor cleaner, and maybe an oil stain remover, too. Of course, if your garage door floor has lots of oil, we recommend a mechanic, too!
- Clean the garage door. You can do this with a dry rag or broombut do not use soap and water. Be very careful to only clean the door surfacethemselves. Don’t try to clean the garage door springs, cables, hinges or rollers. Leave that to us (see tip #1!).
- Invest in some shelves or plywood and peg board. Your garage is an excellent place to store tools, gardening supplies and exercise equipment. Peg board is inexpensive and can be mounted to a wall easily. It’s also surprisingly strong, so it can hold heavy tools. Consider keeping a recycling bin in the garage, too, so you can keep your car cleaner.
- Make it pretty. You visit your garage every day, and sometimes several times a day, so make it someplace you like to see. Hang a framed poster of your favorite vacation destination or your dream car or paint the walls a color you like.
Need more ideas or a new garage door? The team at Martin Door can help. Give us a call today!
As February sets in, so does daydreaming about warmer days ahead. Spring is the perfect time of the year to invest in a new garage door, and now is the time to start looking at garage door ideas that will inspire you to choose the right garage door for your budget and style.
To help you get started, the team at Martin Door put together a list of the top five places to look for garage door inspiration. Some you can do in the comfort of your own home, maybe with a cup of something warm. The last tip (and our favorite) requires you to get up off the couch, but it’s well worth it!
We absolutely love Houzz for it’s huge collection of garage door photos, as well as photos and ideas about how to repurpose your garage into something unique and special. Houzz also features a great Advice and Stories section where you can read about home owners experiences with choosing a garage door and how they customized the door to suit the look of their home.
The Clopay Website
Not only can you view Clopay’s entire collection on their website (tip: you can do this on Martin Door’s site, too) but here you can also find an ideas book and a buyer’s guide. You can also compare doors on the site, so you can choose doors you’re interested in and then check them out side-by-side to see which one will work better for your home.
As you peruse the web for great garage door ideas, you’ll need a place to keep track of what you’ve found. Pinterest is our favorite way to organize garage door photos and inspirations. It’s easy to navigate, and as you build your Pinterest board for garage door ideas, you’ll get cued into what others put on their Pinterest boards, too, which will give you even more inspiration.
That’s right. Inspiration can be found just outside your door. Take a look at the homes in your neighborhood that you love and check their garage doors and what you like about them. You’ll notice that some of the best-looking houses on the block are the ones with garage doors that work with the look of the home.
The Martin Door Showroom
The Martin Door showroom lets you get up close and personal with doors by Clopay. Here, you can talk to our sales team who will make sure you’re getting the perfect door for your home and budget. We love talking about garage doors and meeting new customers.
Ready to get started? Come visit us at Martin Door today!
A new garage door adds value to your home and enhances its curb appeal. Today there are doors to fit every budget and every style. Whether you like sleek, contemporary designs or a more classic look, Martin Door has the perfect door for you.
We carry a full selection of garage doors by Clopay and our expert technicians install a variety of garage doors in homes across St. Peters and St. Louis every day. We think all our garage doors are great-looking, but here’s a closer look at three of our most popular doors.
Avante Garage Doors
Clopay’s Avante Garage Door collection is stunning. These are modern doors that are made of glass and aluminum. The windows let natural light in – both night and day. And you can customize the garage door to fit your home’s color and chose your own window design.You can choose from clear glass or insulated glass or tempered glass, frosted glass and several other options.
Some home and business owners use Avante Garage Doors to create an indoor/outdoor living area out of their garage. They’re popular at restaurants that want to open up the front. The possibilities are endless.
Modern Steel Doors
Like the Avante Collection, Clopay’s Modern Door Collection is also sleek and contemporary. These garage doors work especially great on newer or mid-century modern style homes. One of the Modern Steel Door collection’s greatest features is the multiple glass and window size options that can really create a customized look.
Canyon Ridge Garage Doors
They look like wood garage doors but they’re not. They’re made with durable aluminum steel but they look like rich wood doors that transform your home into something gorgeous. When you step into the Martin Door showroom, Canyon Ridge Garage Doors are some of the first garage doors you’ll see, and they’re likely to make you take a second (or even third look).
Unlike the Avante and the Modern Steel Collection, Canyon Ridge offers a very classic look and looks great on older homes and those that are more traditional in design.
When you’re ready to replace your garage door, consider one of these options or any other. In fact, Martin Door carries a full line of Clopay Doors, so we are sure to have one that fits your budget and your style
Your garage door is one of the most hardest working doors in your home or business, and when the weather gets cold, it has to work even harder. But let’s face it, the last thing you need when the temps are freezing outside is a garage door that won’t open or close.
Below are helpful tips from the team at Martin Door to help your garage door stay working top notch during the winter months.
Make sure all the garage doors are properly lubricated. Use a lubricant spray to avoid leakage on your car or garage floor.
Tighten loose bolts on the track. Your garage door can open and close several times a day. Normal wear-and-tear can cause bolts on the track to become loose. Make sure they’re all tightened to ensure the door keeps working properly when the weather turns cold.
Keep it clean. Make sure the tracks of the garage door are free from debris
Keep it warm. If you have a rubber seal strip on the bottom of your garage door, make sure it is free from cracks. And also check to make sure any garage door windows aren’t cracked and are properly sealed and insulated. This is especially important if your garage door attaches to your home.
Check the cables and the rollers. Worn rollers should be replaced before or during winter. And high tension cables should be working properly. Make sure there are no broken strands near the roller. If you see any, give the team at Martin Door a call. Never try to fix cables yourself.
Listen up. If you hear any scraping or high-pitched noises when you open or close your garage door, give us a call. Your door should work quietly, and unusual noises may indicate a problem.
Don’t be left out in the cold this winter. Martin Door can help you stay safe and warm this season by helping you with all your garage door and garage door opener needs. We offer high quality work at a great price, so you can spend the money you save on that beach vacation you deserve.
Contact the team at Martin Door for all of your winter garage door needs.
The team at Martin Door wishes you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year!
We are looking forward to serving you in 2018.
The Martin Door family wishes you and your loved ones a Happy Holiday & New Year. We may be in the business of selling and servicing garage doors and windows, but what we love the most is serving the community and making our customers happy.
Here’s to 2017. May your holidays and new year be filled with peace, joy, good health and happiness.
Is your home ready for Fall?
Martin Door is offering FREE Remove & Haul of Old Garage Doors and Tracks
On All New Double Wide Steel Back Insulated Garage Doors
That’s an $80.00 Value
Contact Us Today!
If you’re looking for a beautiful, contemporary garage door that’s built to last, you’ll want to take a look at Clopay’s Modern Steel Door™ Collection. These doors can add sophistication and curb appeal to any home and are available in a variety of options.
Clopay’s Modern Steel Doors™ are durable steel-panel garage doors, so they’re not only great looking, but they’re constructed to last a long time, making them as economical as they are beautiful.
Learn more about Clopay’s Modern Steel Doors, available at Martin Door:
- Available in 3, 2 or 1-layer steel and insulation construction options.
- Garage door insulation options include 2″ or 1-3/8″ Intellicore® polyurethane, 2″, 1-3/8″, 1-5/16″ or 7/8″ polystyrene.
- Insulated door R-values range from 4.4 to 18.4.
- The steel skins are protected by the use of a tough, layered coating system, which includes a hot-dipped galvanized layer and baked-on primer and top coat.
- WINDCODE® reinforcement product available for high wind load applications. (Click for details)
- Learn more about Modern Steel™ construction.
- Available as either a flush or grooved steel panel design.
- Steel surface textures vary by model and paint surface. See chart here for more details
- 13 factory finish options available, including Ultra-Grain® wood-look finishes.
- Many glass and window size options available including insulated, frosted, and long and short designs.
- Optional window grilles can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Learn more about Modern Steel™ design.
Beware of garage door scams!
Top 5 reasons to call a garage door service and repair professional
Skip Bornmueller retires from Martin Door & Window after 16 years
The Garage Doors, Windows, Entry Doors, and Garage Door Screens You Want Now
Martin Door is an EPA Lead Safe Firm
Spring Promotion From Martin Door & Window
Tips on How to Choose the Best Garage Door for Your Home
Winter Garage Door Tips
Winter Garage Storage Tips